Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issue with voltage help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

omdano

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can i increase a voltage from 0.1v to 1.5?
Please tell me in anyway i can achieve this , i am a total newbie so ... XD

great regards
omdano

You must give more details about your need, such as : AC or DC voltage ?

+++

Is it a signal or a power circuit?
If the 0.1 V is a signal, then you can use an opamp to amplify it. If you want to generate power from a low-voltage source, you can use a chopper=-rectifier to get 1.5 V from 0.1 V source.

Is it a signal or a power circuit?
If the 0.1 V is a signal, then you can use an opamp to amplify it. If you want to generate power from a low-voltage source, you can use a chopper=-rectifier to get 1.5 V from 0.1 V source.

Thank you , it is a Power circuit , What is your thoughts about the ... Joulie theif circuit would it work too ?
(Where can i find a schematic for the chopper=-rectifier? and if i can buy it from ebay can you link it for me ?

Thank you very much.

Thank you , it is a Power circuit , What is your thoughts about the ... Joulie theif circuit would it work too ?

I can see that with voltage as low as 0.1 V no available semiconductor device can operate . I would suggest a mechanical chopper like relay contact to generate AC pulses, then use a transformer to get more than 1.5 V AC, then you can rectify the output. Due to the mechanical contact drive the efficiency will be low.
Another way is to use multiple low-voltage sources connected in series like in solar bateries. Voltages over 3 V can be handled by semiconductor devices with a high efficiency.

I can see that with voltage as low as 0.1 V no available semiconductor device can operate...

In fact, it´s an unusual voltage, and I can´t imagine what could be the source.
The only way to handle it could be stacking up in series too many cells.

+++

Special "energy harvesting" DC/DC converters like LTC3108 can well step-up low voltages of a 100 mV range, e.g. from peltier batteries.

Generally, it's no problems to use MOSFETs as choppers, generating the control voltage is a bit tricky, but feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back