Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issue in importing netlist in PADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramana Madishetti

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please suggest me. I have an netlist created in OrCAD, now i need to open in PADS layout/logic. What is the procees to open the netlist. I have tried but not successfully. I am just currently started working in PADS. Please suggest me.

regards

please suggest me. I have an netlist created in OrCAD, now i need to open in PADS layout/logic. What is the procees to open the netlist. I have tried but not successfully. I am just currently started working in PADS. Please suggest me.

regards

Change the extension from .net to .asc and then import in PADS.

Hi,
1.export the netlist from orcad (tools->create netlist-->select others-->padspcb.dll) it will be saved in .asc format.
2.open Pads Layout generate the report file (File-->reports-->Power pcb V3 file format) for first time import
3.in report file select two lines here i mention below "
!PADS-POWERPCB-V3.0-MILS! DESIGN DATABASE ASCII FILE 2.0

*PART* ITEMS "
4.paste in your .asc file
5.now import the .asc file in your design
For second time import procedure.
1.up to step 3 follow same procedure
2.you need to compare the design for that tool-->compare ECO file (pop up window Compare/ECO tool will be open)
3.Browse the .pcb file in first browse path,for second select .asc file and report file location path and then run it
4.import the report file in your design
i am using PADS 2005 if you are using advanced version it may be very let's try it may be help ful for u

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you for your reply. i have changed the extension to .asc, but when importing it getting err in note pad as Can't find part Type item ,

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your reply. The error am getting "Can't find part Type item and *Bad *CONNECTION* ascii data format, nets must contain more than one pin. Signal AIN12
*Part name not found R24."

Hi ramana,
in your design some floating nets is available.try to clear it and For R24 you did not assign the footprint better let me know r u using which version in Pads as well as let me know which schematic tool r u using ??

Thank you for your reply. i have changed the extension to .asc, but when importing it getting err in note pad as Can't find part Type item ,

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your reply. The error am getting "Can't find part Type item and *Bad *CONNECTION* ascii data format, nets must contain more than one pin. Signal AIN12
*Part name not found R24."

Sounds like your library is missing decal/parts. Any part that is in your nets list needs to exist in the library.

if you still get error generate the report file and problem in decal parts only check the decal parts correct or else post the error report we will try to help u

Thank you kapil. I got it. Small doubt bro, i have created MIC29302 smd regulator. But the problem is how to create heak sink below the regulator cap (I mean the dots on the board) in Pads layout.

Thanks & Regards

hi ramana,
create the pad with past mask only and open the solder mask (paste mask should be dots )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back