Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

isolation transformer costs $45!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am planning to tap a telephone line through an isolation transformer 600O/600O of 1:1 type. In our local market it is not readily avail. After a lot of search I have found one Dax 56K DX-56PU modem from one electronic shop and they put forward $45 for modem. Actually I only want one small transformer inside it.

Find the attachment. Non-SMD Type transformer with white colored core. T1 AASUPREME.
I have heard there also exists modem line transformers with 600O primary and different secondary (600,330,560,etc) resistances. How can I fix this should be 600O/600O Type.

Does it is mandatory to use 600O/600O in Telephone tap......

Can I possible to take outs from transformer leads on underside of the PCB without desoldering the costly PCB board.

Go to www.farnell.com and select your country. You didn't set it in your profile so I can't give you a direct page link.

In the search box at the top of the page enter "line transformer" (without the quotes)
Then select "isolation" under product categories. There are several to choose from, for your application use the cheapest.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.