Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Isolate Terminals in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriousTyro

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

In an ADS schematic let's say I have two 2-port networks. A S parameter simulation would give a scattering matrix for a four port but ports 1&2 do not interact with ports 3&4.

Is there a way to tell ADS that I only want S11,S22, S21, S12 and S33,S44,S34,S43?

If Sija are completely uncorrelated with Sijb, why don't you seperate these two s-parameter dataset into 2 independent block?? In this case There won't be interstage s-parameters..
Since you use 4-ports in ADS, the simulator will naturally compute all s-parameters even they are not correlated.

I think you want to compare two different 2-port results?

You can simulate with two independent schematics, so that you have two 2-port datasets. Then in the ADS data display you can plot results from different simulations (different datasets) in the same graph, if you wish. Just use the dropdown list in the upper left corner to select the dataset that you want to add to the plot, then select the parameter that you want. You can also use data display equations to calculate something from different datasets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back