Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Is Windows 7 better than Vista/XP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my experience with win & so far.

Bought a laptop with windows 7 home premium. Also bought Professional upgrade. My intention was to run 7 in XP mode. (Most of the Eng. tools I use will not as of yet run on 7)

I made a pretty big mistake in not doing the research needed before laptop purchase. (I know better than this, usually)

What I found out after buying laptop, upgrading to pro version, then downloading virtualization tool from microsoft was that my shiny new machine needs to have hardware virtualization embedded into microprocessor in order for xp mode to function. Now my wife has a shiny new laptop to keep in touch with all her freinds on facebook..... :D

Lesson learned the hard way. Thank you very much.

eda

I think the best out there is Windows XP. Windows XP doesn’t use as much as ram as the others one, it’s faster and you can change it looks to match your taste.

Windows 7 is good but It has a lot of unnecesary things as well, they just keep the things that are important and not other thing that are useless to most people and causes heavy use of ram and loss in speed.
The vista os is similare to the window 7 but main problem with the vista is the speed is very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back