Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this track color an error in PCB editor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiwari.sachin

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is this a error

Hello

I am using PCB Editor and when i route the tracks, one single track always has this spotted line as seen when its being routed. I have attached a picture for reference.

Kindly anyone let me know if its a error. if so how can i rectify it.

Regards

Sachin

Is this a error

I think it is just the colour/pattern you have picked for one of the other layers - look at the cyan square at the top left of your image - it has the same pattern.

Check your layer colours and which ones are visible.

Keith.

Is this a error

If it is Allegro PCB editor that you are using then the spotted line is just showing that you have highlighted this track with the zebra highlight. If you unhilight all the tracks this should go away

Scott

Re: Is this a error

Scottm said:
If it is Allegro PCB editor that you are using then the spotted line is just showing that you have highlighted this track with the zebra highlight. If you unhilight all the tracks this should go away

Scott

What is zebra highlight and how can i remove it. Can you tell me the steps to do so.

It does mean, its not an error and its okay to generate the gerber.

Added after 28 minutes:

keith1200rs said:
I think it is just the colour/pattern you have picked for one of the other layers - look at the cyan square at the top left of your image - it has the same pattern.

Check your layer colours and which ones are visible.

Keith.

I did try to find color patterns. I tried to delete the part and use it again. Its seems to show the same thing. There are other 2 pin connector like the one used here, they work fine so i am tell its not the footprint problem for sure.

I think i should create the gerber and see rather then trying to rectify this color visibility issue.

Is this a error

If you go to the display tab at the top of the screen you will see in the window that comes up with clicking on the display tab something like dehilight, click this tab then go to the options filter on the right of the screen and you should have a group of buttons, click the nets button and the spooted line should go away.

Re: Is this a error

Scottm said:
If you go to the display tab at the top of the screen you will see in the window that comes up with clicking on the display tab something like dehilight, click this tab then go to the options filter on the right of the screen and you should have a group of buttons, click the nets button and the spooted line should go away.

It did work. I dont know how i couldnot find that option. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back