Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there any market for USB 8051 programmer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylon89del

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Hope to do a market research here.
Do you guys think there is a market for 8051 USB ISP programmer?

What manufacture and family of 8051s do you intend on targeting?

The required programming techniques vary widely from one manufacture to another and well as between different variants of the same manufacture.

BigDog

What manufacture and family of 8051s do you intend on targeting?

The required programming techniques vary widely from one manufacture to another and well as between different variants of the same manufacture.

BigDog

I am targeting the Atmel AT89S51/52 and other relevant series.

---------- Post added at 04:43 ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 ----------

Dear you need a USB port programmer ?
here is on with parallel and USB programmer
DATAMAN-48UXP programmer

Dataman 48UXP Universal Programmer

No, I do not need it currently.
But plan to do it in low-cost and sell to my university students.

Well, I would say that it would depend on the location. In Malaysia, it can be different from Bangladesh or somewhere in Europe or in USA. In Bangladesh, there is almost no market for 8051 programmer, whereas, in India, I think there is a pretty large market.

You should find out up to what extent 8051 is used in Malaysia. Ask among your colleagues and friends and see how many of them use it. Then, you may search in different forums to see the extent of use of 8051 in Malaysia and then you can decide for yourself.

I am targeting the Atmel AT89S51/52 and other relevant series.

There seems to be plenty of USB programmers which can program the AT89S51/52, in other words there are plenty of AVRisp designs and clones available.

However if you could produce a programmer which could reliable program other members of the Atmel AT89SXX series there could be a market.

It is a topic of frequent discussion in this forum:

Can 89S programmed using USBasp?

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.