Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is the ACS command of DC used in your company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadaye

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Synopsys provided ACS commands, and they say these command are

useful. But as I know no company use the ACS commands, are your

company uses these commands?

wang1

As that, ALi Cor use it to synthesis their designs.

ACS needs lots of cpus, otherwise it's no value, because it's "distrubuted synthesis", the acs engine partition big design into small pieces, and synthesis them concurrently in many cpus, that's why it can handle large designs and improve runtime.

horzonbluz said:
As that, ALi Cor use it to synthesis their designs.

Which lab of ALi it is used in? And what is the vision name & number of DC for supporting the ACS command?

Thanks.

wadaye said:
Synopsys provided ACS commands, and they say these command are

useful. But as I know no company use the ACS commands, are your

company uses these commands?

wang1

yes, we do

I have found a training manual about ACS.
It's in 1999 written by synopsys and you can download it from EDAboard.
Ali corporation use ACS 2004.06 version to synthesis a small design "PBIU".

I have try it, but it seem not very good, unless you know little about the dc script. I prefer take control by myself.

There are many papers on SNUG to describe the advantage of using ACS. But I have never tried it.

ACS (Automated Chip Synthesis) command is used in large designs. This basically performs synthesis by partitioning the deisgn (as per our inputs). It accepts top level constraints but interprets and applies them properly for different partitions automatically. The synthesis of different partitions is launched parallely inorder to speed up the computations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back