Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to link a pedometer (stepometer/accelerometer) to control a mechanism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas000

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to link a pedometer (stepometer/accelerometer) to control a mechanism?

Hello Guys!

I have a small mechanism and i really need it to be activated when a certain amount of steps have been taken or a certain distance has been travelled. The mechanism is a straight forward linear movement. so for example every time the pedometer reaches an increment of 15 this will trigger the mechanism to move forward a small distance. Is this possible? are there any examples you can think of ? or any advice how to go about solving this problem?

Thank you in advance for any help!
:-?

Having no details on pedometer circuit and possible electrical output, I cannot advise. It may be possible but you must find if such output is available from your device. You can design a 1-15 step counter driven from the pedometer sensor, to get the control pulse you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back