Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it possible to interfacing IC-ADC-0832 with PIC 168F4A?TQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

vioamethyst

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need some guidance here
im a very new learner in any hardware design
in the store nearby

i only have the option to buy either IC-ADC-0832 and IC-ADC-0831, and i have to concern over low cost because my design is emphasizing on low cost design, the other ADC chips is expensive and too many input (which is nt my requirement)

since IC-ADC-0831 required differential input, bt my input is not of that type
so i shose IC-ADC-0832

my input will be from amplifier LT1013, which have two output , this output will be chose only one by using switch, then the single output will be as input of IC-ADC-0832 that futher connected to PIC 16F84A

i may sound stupid by asking this (sorry for my low knowledge), bt below are my question that i need some expert can asnwer;

1) IC-ADC-0832 is two analog input ADC, bt mine only have one analog input to it, is it possible to use the ADC chip? does it mean i can just igno the connection to other single input and single output at that chip?

2)is there any programming required for configuring that IC-ADC-0832 or it can directly use to function as ADC just as simply connecting it to other component?

3) is this IC-ADC-0832 is compatible to interfacing with PIC16F84A? if there is any link on programming that can guide me , plese kindly provide me

my hardware will be use to measure power from fiber optic, thank you

i really look forward for any guidance from people here
please forgive me of my poor english proficiency

thnk u very much

Re: is it possible to interfacing IC-ADC-0832 with PIC 168F4

Hi,

Looking at the datasheet for the ADC 0832 it shows how you can infterface it to any micro , it is controlled by a custom serial link which you would probably need to program up yourself unless you can find some ready made code on the web.
The data sheet does give some code guidance as well.

However with so many pic chips having adc built in for virtually the same price as a 16F84A it does seem such a pointless exercise trying to interface the two devices.

The Pic16F87/88 chips have ADC inputs and are pin compatible with the 16F84A

Re: is it possible to interfacing IC-ADC-0832 with PIC 168F4

i realy appreaciate for your response to me
tomoro, when i wake up, i will try doing something based on your advice
now is 207am(malaysia time)

thank you so much (^ ^)\/
:D

I'm also a beginner, i want to interface a 16 bit ADC chip (MAX 1132) with 8 bit PIC (PIC16F877A), can you please help me based on your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.