Is it necessary to make PCB or bread board is fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

netdeamon

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am making cycloconverter in transformer midpoint configuration (4 SCRs). The thyristors are line commutated and triggered by micrcontroller.

I simulated in multisim software, it works perfectly fine.

When I try to make connections in bread board, it dosent work. Only one thyristor triggers.

So what I want to ask is should I make PCB of the diagram and then check it? Because I see in many websites they show simulation circuit and directly show the PCB layout ( especially for power electronics ).
Do people try power electronics circuits involving micrcontroller,optocoupler and SCRs in bread board or directly move from simulation to PCB?

PS:Is simulation the final test of circuit? Because sometimes it is difficult to connect all the wires in bread board. Like I used 3 bread boards for the cycloconverter, and circuit was full of wires and wires(like a bird's nest)

when u are working with high currents, dont go with breadboard, pcb is the only solution ,and as u already said that simulation is working fine,,,so go throuch the pcb design,, use expresspcb, or eagle ,,,,both are good software and free too,,

Best Wishes
--BawA--

Status
Not open for further replies.