Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it called mirror PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidwuf

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, All, 5pcs top pcb(side 1) panelized with another 5 pcs bottom pcb (side 2), the panel is total 10pcs boards, as the attached picture shown, what is called for this panel? is it called mirror PCB? Best Regards, David

Attachments

• Is it called mirror pcb.jpg
    Is it called mirror pcb.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 155

Hi, Tpetar, General speaking, 10pcs boards, we usually panelize them with the top side(side 1) of each board facing you, right? but, for this case, we see that 5pcs boards with top is facing you, and the other 5 boards with bottom (side 2) facing you. This will be benefit for SMT process, when SMT completed one side component installation, afterwards, just turn it to the other side(actual it is same), use the same SMT program to do SMT process. So I think it is not a normal panelization, but a special panelization, what is called for this panelization ? Best Regards, David

I've heard this called flip-flop array or mirror array.

Like others have said, it's to facilitate the pick and place process. One setup for both sides.

Vetsen

It might be a good idea for some assembly service providers and a bad idea for others. You clearly throw away some opizmization options in tuning the assembly/solder sequence for parts demanding different temperature profiles or having difficulties with twice reflow.

I guess, assembly houses might dislike it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back