Not open for further replies.

Shreehari

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GCC

Is gcc is free along with all linux ?.Tell me some free c ,C++ compilers and IDE for devolopment

Re: GCC

Yes it is free. For IDEs you can use eclipse.
--
Amr

Shreehari

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Well, you can build ur own gcc for ur board. Read about Crosstool-NG. It will help you do that.
--
Amr Ali

Shreehari

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

all linux distros installs 'gcc' by default.

to check in your system ,
open a console and type
'gcc -v'

you will get some output

srizbf
24thjune2010

OP needs to Modify the Heading with a detailed one. Or this thread will go to the trash can of the OP replies without it.

What is OP?
--
Amr

now a days all of the linux versions are come with GCC in built...suppose if you are not find it then you can install GCC by
run the following commands as a root user....:?
fedora: yum install gcc
ubantu: apt-get install gcc

GCC tools were not included during installation I have installed GCC compiler separately after UBUNTU installation.

@sip, Can you explain more about cross-platform IDE?

GCC tools were not included during installation I have installed GCC compiler separately after UBUNTU installation.

@dharanidhar GCC and all development stuff is installed if the "development" type system is selected at the time of installation.
Well I use Fedora hence Cant comment about UBUNTU but There must be something similar.

in ubuntu type the following command at the terminal " sudo apt-get install build-essential " this would install the essential build related stuff such as the gcc ( g++ ) compilers etc.

I didn't install using the .iso on CD/DVD...
I have installed using WUBI application which gave me no choices....

For Linux there are several free IDE's Anjuta, Eclipse, Qt Creator (can be used for c, c++ development without Qt) and of course
the combination shell+editor.

Code Blocks its available in both Windows and Linux

It's free to all the Unix we have seen ever before.but with a GPL licence.

Status
Not open for further replies.