Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is GCC free along with all unix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shreehari

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GCC

Is gcc is free along with all linux ?.Tell me some free c ,C++ compilers and IDE for devolopment

Re: GCC

Yes it is free. For IDEs you can use eclipse.
--
Amr

Shreehari

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Well, you can build ur own gcc for ur board. Read about Crosstool-NG. It will help you do that.
--
Amr Ali

Shreehari

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

all linux distros installs 'gcc' by default.

to check in your system ,
open a console and type
'gcc -v'

you will get some output

srizbf
24thjune2010

OP needs to Modify the Heading with a detailed one. Or this thread will go to the trash can of the OP replies without it.

now a days all of the linux versions are come with GCC in built...suppose if you are not find it then you can install GCC by
run the following commands as a root user....:?
fedora: yum install gcc
ubantu: apt-get install gcc

GCC tools were not included during installation I have installed GCC compiler separately after UBUNTU installation.

@sip, Can you explain more about cross-platform IDE?

GCC tools were not included during installation I have installed GCC compiler separately after UBUNTU installation.

@dharanidhar GCC and all development stuff is installed if the "development" type system is selected at the time of installation.
Well I use Fedora hence Cant comment about UBUNTU but There must be something similar.

in ubuntu type the following command at the terminal " sudo apt-get install build-essential " this would install the essential build related stuff such as the gcc ( g++ ) compilers etc.

I didn't install using the .iso on CD/DVD...
I have installed using WUBI application which gave me no choices....

For Linux there are several free IDE's Anjuta, Eclipse, Qt Creator (can be used for c, c++ development without Qt) and of course
the combination shell+editor.

It's free to all the Unix we have seen ever before.but with a GPL licence.

Status
Not open for further replies.