Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is anyone using Antenna Magus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imranshoaib

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I need help in design of cubic Dielectric Resonator Antenna (DRA). I found that the new Antenna Magus has cubic DRA included in its database. Is anyone using Antenna Magus and can export two models for me?

Regards,

Imran

Hi all,

I need help in design of cubic Dielectric Resonator Antenna (DRA). I found that the new Antenna Magus has cubic DRA included in its database. Is anyone using Antenna Magus and can export two models for me?

Regards,

Imran

You could request a trial of the full version - that's what I did and got a trial for a month or so. That allowed me access to all the models - not a small subset.

But I was most unimpressed with the software. It is too inflexible. For example, if you try to design a Yagi, you get no control over the feed impedance. The resulting impedance is not something convenient like 50 Ohms. I'm not even sure if it was real. The text has comments like "Changing the lengths and the spacings of the elements will alter the feed impedance". Well, I sort of knew that!

Personally, I'd just consult the literature on the topic to come up with a design. I can't see how anyone could justify the 8000 or so Euro price of that bit of software. It is just too inflexible to be useful.

I'd be interested if anyone does find it useful.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back