Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR sensors ADC and multiplexing

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadabahmed

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Yesterday, 03:54 PM
hello every1,

i am working on making a type of a slate using IR lights n sensors..
now what i basically want to do is have IR leds to plot X and Y axis and IR sensors onthe opposite ends to recieve the singals. when i place my finger in between a sensor fails to get the IR signal. now my board is supposed to have 10X10 sensors.... so i want to be able to know which sensor didnt get the IR signal....

plz help me with the process of how i make the connections and supply the digital data to any microcontroller....
thanx...

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

incase you have any doubts regarding the question plz let me know...

can you gibe more details?

a shematic and a photo.

what kind of ir sensor are you using?

can you gibe more details?

a shematic and a photo.

what kind of ir sensor are you using?

since my project is basically in its planning stage i do not have much of the info...
but i am planning to use either IR leds and IR sensors....(any cheap ones) or normal LEDS and LDR....
the arrangement is like a drawing pad with 20 sensors.... 10 in the x axis and 10 in the y axis.... basically i just want to receive the x and y location via a usb.....
i hope you are getting my point....

For x,y you need matrix. 10x10=100 sensors(100 pixels). Anlogue readings taken one by one. If 8x8 matrix is used, a port of 8 bits can scan a row if input is processed to be digital logic level( 0,1 ). Scan 8 columns succesively and store in mcu registers. Then process and locate 0s for shadow. The light source is not a beemso put it far away to make shadow more clear or lasers can be used.
Arduino - RowColumnScanning
Scanning Basics - What is a pixel?
https://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4244.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=2
**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.