Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR remote control information

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakaka

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I've found this IR receiver
https://kitsrus.com/pdf/k58.pdf
But wat i need to know is how it actually can receive ANY signal from any remote control??
Wat is the standard freq for these remotes?
I thought different remotes have different IR signal freq. And wat IR receiver module should be use??
Thanks....

Re: IR receiver

The article already answer your question:
All modern IR remote control devices produce a continuous coded stream of pulses at 37.9 kHz when any button on the module is pressed. These IR pulses are detected and decoded by a receiver (your TV, VCR etc.) and the appropriate function activated. In our Kit the coded stream is converted into a single pulse and that single pulse is used to toggle a relay on & off. The coded information is lost. Only the fact that a button was pressed on your remote control unit is detected.

The circuit only detect the infrared pulses stream with frequency around 37.9 KHz.
Different remote use almost same frequency, but very different code information modulated on that infrared pulse stream.

IR receiver

icic.....but if i wan to know the modulated info, i need a decoder chip rite? Problem is which decoder is for which remote??How can i find out that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back