Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Remote Control Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadolphine2000

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,...

Is there a website where I can download the remote control code for a certain TV, Hi-Fi, DVD player,... etc.?

I want to make an universal remote control so I can control several devices with one remote control. Unfortunatley, all the codes I found is for brands that I don't have.
The brands I have:
TV --> JVC, Sanyo, NEC.
Satellite Receiver --> Qmax.

Thanks guys for your time and consideratons.

Pico,..

Thanks for your help but, the links you gave me contains only the data formats only. I need the codes also.

Can you help?

Thanks again.

you must try to measure by your self, using oscilloscope and IC IR receiver and you could analyze the waveform.
regards

e_eja wrote:

you must try to measure by your self, using oscilloscope and IC IR receiver and you could analyze the waveform.

Thanks for your reply, but ... Do you think it's practical?

I don't think so. More over, I've tried to do what you've said but I found that the chips are completely protected by some sort of wax or plastic material, that I couldn't reach the chips pins.

So, any other solutions?

Thanks again for your help.

I have found quite a few remotes with ICs ie they do not have cob (chips on board) but have fully plastic packaged ICs.

I guess, there are plenty of mod sites which can help you. Google for such sites.

Other way could be to receive the code over IR channel and use a decoder/Rx to display the codes.

And please publish the codes for everyone's benefit.

i have decoded Samsung RC with a scope. I can send you if you like.

offcourse using oscilloscope to decode IR signals is practical..
search for RC-5 and REC-80 codes.. most of d remotes use these ..
and there are many ways of decoding

Saim2K wrote:
i have decoded Samsung RC with a scope. I can send you if you like.

Thanks for your help. I'll be glad if you could send it.

Thanks again.

You can use this simple circuit to look at the codes sent by the remotes you have.

There is also a simple 74HCxxx circuit - more parts, but no microcontroller to program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back