Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverted antenna and chip antenna for CC2640

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrutib

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am designing a circuit for bluetooth data transfer and want to use inverted F antenna and also a chip antenna as a substitute (if in any case pcb antenna does not work). Does putting chip antenna besides printed pcb antenna affect the pcb antenna at initial stage?
Thanks in advance.

Doesn't work. If you have two antennas, you need a RF switch and can only use one at a time.

Doesn't work. If you have two antennas, you need a RF switch and can only use one at a time.

I will use printed antenna initially.Only if it does not work (as it is sensitive to dimensions) I will solder the chip antenna. Still not possible without Rf switch? Also, having just chip antenna layout (package) and not smd part soldered near printed antenna will affect data transmission?
Thank you for the help.

I think your question wasn't quite clear. I didn't hear about manual switching during production.

If you assemble an optional chip antenna, you need to disconnect the PCB antenna, either cut a trace or remove a jumper.

The unconnected antenna structure besides the chip antenna may affect the radiation characteristic to some extent, as any other PCB or case metal structure does.

Go only with the printed antenna. The worse printed inverted-F would work better than any chip antenna.
The only thing that an inverted-F antenna needs to work well, is a good ground plane (which can be the metal shield of your circuit) and spend little time on tuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back