Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Invalid boot sector! - seek error #46!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhangKhang

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
seek error 46

My PC can not boot now! it restarts forever!
When I use some tools to repair it, it is told that "Invalid boot sector", "seek error #46"
I think it's due to the Partition magic in NTFS file system!
I tried many ways:
-use CD win XP to recovery console
-test and repair surface
but no way is success!
I connect it to another PC and try to recovery data!
Luckily, It's OK in data recovering ...
but I still can not start the win XP from this driver after reconnecting it to my PC!

How can I solve it?
Do I hace to reinstall Win , or reformat it!

partition magic seek error 46

I had this problem too, it's due to partition magic and after a few deys of playing arround the only way to get it back is not just reformating it but first you'll have to DELITE ALL PARTITIONS yes delite all primary and logical partitions and then use windows xp to reformat your pc during install, just reinstalling won't help enything.

partition magic seek error

KhangKhang said:
My PC can not boot now! it restarts forever!
When I use some tools to repair it, it is told that "Invalid boot sector", "seek error #46"
I think it's due to the Partition magic in NTFS file system!
I tried many ways:
-use CD win XP to recovery console
-test and repair surface
but no way is success!
I connect it to another PC and try to recovery data!
Luckily, It's OK in data recovering ...
but I still can not start the win XP from this driver after reconnecting it to my PC!

How can I solve it?
Do I hace to reinstall Win , or reformat it!

dear friend
i think u should change harddisk cos if u dont change it u will meed this problem again ...
thank
buntheun

error 46 seek error

You don't need to change your hard drive it happens when you reformat usualy to install linux, this is a bug in Partition Magic what you need to do is clean your HDD aka delite all your partitions and reformat agein it's happened to me unleast three times on a couple of different pc's during reducing the size of an ntf partition in order to install linux!

partition magic winxp cd boots forever

it happens when you reformat
Actually not reformat but resize your partition and yo can use fdisk for this aether the one from microsoft that comes with win9x startup disk (note this is a special version of a system disk that contains a few tools needed for repairs) or the one that comes with your Linux setup disk or use XP's recovery console and delite all of your partitions then reformat
hope you can fix your disk and save some $

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back