Not open for further replies.

ElfenLied

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello edaboard members/experts!

I am interested in starting to learn some more complex circuits, such as those using integrated circuits/micro-controllers.

I have some ideas of projects I want to undergo, but they are far too advanced for me, yet. What I want to work towards is being able to make devices that communicate over wired (or wireless, eventually) networks (such as a device to monitor power usage on a household appliance via a periodic poll, and upload the individual poll results to a PC over the network, and store the results temporarily if the PC is unavailable).

I am A OK when it comes to programming (intermediate/adavnced in VB/Java/PHP/Python, but I am already cramming my head full of C for when the time comes) but I need help on the physical components & layout.

I seem to either think too small and simple (e.g. a photocell that triggers an action when a light is turned on) or too complex, like my aforementioned idea. Is there a reference site or book that anybody particularly is fond of for ideas/small projects?

I hope this lets you know where my skill level is (aka beginner) and what direction I am trying to go.

- Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.