Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Introduction to Complex Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElfenLied

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello edaboard members/experts!

I am interested in starting to learn some more complex circuits, such as those using integrated circuits/micro-controllers.

I have some ideas of projects I want to undergo, but they are far too advanced for me, yet. What I want to work towards is being able to make devices that communicate over wired (or wireless, eventually) networks (such as a device to monitor power usage on a household appliance via a periodic poll, and upload the individual poll results to a PC over the network, and store the results temporarily if the PC is unavailable).

I am A OK when it comes to programming (intermediate/adavnced in VB/Java/PHP/Python, but I am already cramming my head full of C for when the time comes) but I need help on the physical components & layout.

I seem to either think too small and simple (e.g. a photocell that triggers an action when a light is turned on) or too complex, like my aforementioned idea. Is there a reference site or book that anybody particularly is fond of for ideas/small projects?

I hope this lets you know where my skill level is (aka beginner) and what direction I am trying to go.

- Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.