Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing website with arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldriver

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am developing a project which requires me to design a website that can receive values from arduino microcontroller & log them in a data base. So far i have been successful in sending data to a my local IP address using ethernet shield. The next step requires me to develop a website,assign it an IP AND THEN receive sensor values from multiple microcontrollers and log them against user accounts in a database.

Please answer the following queries:

1.How to interface arduino with the ethernet shield in such a way that it sends data to an IP address which is outside its network?
2.How to write a script for the website such that it receives data from the controllers?
3.Should i use a dedicated server or utilize web hosting?

Replies from users with experience of arudino and ethernet shield are highly appreciated! . Web development folks are also requested to give their input.

Look at this site: data.sparkfun.com

It is a free site that you can send data to from an Arduino or similar uC, and browse the data there or download it as a CSV file. You can also host the software on your own server.

Remote Weather station or a Wireless Sensor Network : Create a sensor node capable of transferring sensor data (like from a weather station - temperature, humidity etc.) to a web server (like pachube.com).

It's just a example. If you want to more. Go to **broken link removed**

Code:
///send2Pachube()///
///this function is to send the sensor data to the pachube, you can see the new value in the pachube after execute this function///

void Send2Pachube()
{
mySerial.println("tcp\",\"api.cosm.com\",\"8081\"");//start up the connection
  delay(2000);
  ShowSerialData();
  String humidity = "1031";//these 4 line code are imitate the real sensor data, because the demo did't add other sensor, so using 4 string variable to replace.
  String moisture = "1242";//you can replace these four variable to the real sensor data in your project
  String temperature = "30";//
  String barometer = "60.56";//
  mySerial.print("{\"method\": \"put\",\"resource\": \"/feeds/42742/\",\"params\"");//here is the feed you apply from pachube
  delay(500);
  ShowSerialData();
  mySerial.print(": {},\"headers\": {\"X-PachubeApiKey\":");//in here, you should replace your pachubeapikey
  delay(500);
  ShowSerialData();
  mySerial.print(" \"_cXwr5LE8qW4a296O-cDwOUvfddFer5pGmaRigPsiO0");//pachubeapikey
  delay(500);
  ShowSerialData();
  mySerial.print("jEB9OjK-W6vej56j9ItaSlIac-hgbQjxExuveD95yc8BttXc");//pachubeapikey
  delay(500);
  ShowSerialData();
  mySerial.print("Z7_seZqLVjeCOmNbEXUva45t6FL8AxOcuNSsQS\"},\"body\":");
  delay(500);
  ShowSerialData();
  mySerial.print(" {\"version\": \"1.0.0\",\"datastreams\": ");
  delay(500);
  ShowSerialData();
  mySerial.println("[{\"id\": \"01\",\"current_value\": \"" + barometer + "\"},");
  delay(500);
  ShowSerialData();
  mySerial.println("{\"id\": \"02\",\"current_value\": \"" + humidity + "\"},");
  delay(500);
  ShowSerialData();
  mySerial.println("{\"id\": \"03\",\"current_value\": \"" + moisture + "\"},");
  delay(500);
  ShowSerialData();
  mySerial.println("{\"id\": \"04\",\"current_value\": \"" + temperature + "\"}]},\"token\": \"lee\"}");

delay(500);
  ShowSerialData();

mySerial.println((char)26);//sending
  delay(5000);//waitting for reply, important! the time is base on the condition of internet 
  mySerial.println();
  ShowSerialData();
}

void ShowSerialData()
{
  while(mySerial.available()!=0)
    Serial.write(mySerial.read());
}

Status
Not open for further replies.