Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing thermal printer with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

aandavan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
printer microcontroller

I need to interface a thermal printer with microcontroller. But I have no idea about thermal printer. Any one have information about thermal printer help me please..

Added after 3 hours 45 minutes:

Is there any commands needed for printing a character using thermal printer.

Added after 7 minutes:

anybody have schematic for interfacing thermal printer with microcontroller

thermal printers interfacing on8051

I like to use Fujitsu FTP628MCL751, Is there any schematics available for interfacing it to microcontroller.

thermal printer serial protocol

I was used 2 types of comunication at FUJITSU thermal printer : Serial and parallel.
The easiest was obviously serial, but speed was limited against parallel type. In case, I had need to print biometric signal at real-time.

The most trusteable printer I used was a GSI, but it protocol is very hard to use.

thermal printer schematic

hi andre_teprom,
Do u have program and the schematics for that interfacing. Please help me..

interfacing thermal printer & keypad

GSI supplied a wide printed document. It has a complicated protocol.

When you start using it, please contact me. I will search the CD-ROM in wich I had registered a program wrote to this printer.

+++

Hi Andre. I am using FTP-638MCL103 and FTP-628MCL103 and trying to interface the same with a controller. Although i was able to know how to work with the stepper motor but I am unable to understand how the printing stuff works. I do have the datasheet but i hardly can figure out how to do this. Would u be able to guide me on this?

Regards
Sachin

Which mode of communication (SPI or any other) can be used to send data and to set clock for printing?? Or can it be set by software itself??

Hardware part is done.. Printing is to be done thru software.. Anyone help how to start with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.