Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing the usb port to serial port programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen2

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bafo usb to serial converter in india

hi

i have serial port programmer but in my laptop only usb ports are available
can anyone tell me how to interface the usb port to serial port programmer.

Re: usb to serial programmer

Hi,

If you have a USB to Serial converter cable to hand it might be worth a try - its not something I have tried.

If you haven't got one or cannot borrow one, I would not buy one as it would be almost the same price as building your own little USB programmmer, which would give you so much more facilities.

See this and other recent similar threads in this forum.

United77 also do a lo cost ready made unit **broken link removed**

usb to serial programmer

You may use any ready made USB to serial converter vailable in market. Some designs have problems bieng compatible with the programmer you use. The converter mentioned by "wp100" costs 500/- Indian rupees and is specifically designed for 89C programmer and i use it personally without any problems. Good luck

thanks for reply

i have bafo 810 usb to serial converter. it is not working.

praveen2 said:
thanks for reply

Replace with a working one. Good luck.

pranam77 said:
praveen2 said:
thanks for reply

Replace with a working one. Good luck.

Added after 6 minutes:

I just use a bafo usb to serial, 810 its work, just make a converter connector 9db female to 9db female, with configure
3---2
2---3
5--5
I'm use hyperterminal to test. make sure your driver usb-to-serial was installed

Re: bafo usb to serial converter in india

praveen2 said:
hi

i have serial port programmer but in my laptop only usb ports are available
can anyone tell me how to interface the usb port to serial port programmer.

What programmer do you use? If you are using JDM type programmer then a usb to serial converter of any type wont work.

Nandhu

There is a very slight chance that generally available serial to usb converters will work for you unless and until the software you are using provides compatibility for the converter's driver. Even then sometimes it wont work.

Secondly, a software designed to operate on serial port may never show compatibility with the conversion on hardware side because of the difference in power levels of the two ports under operation.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.