Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing PIC18F2550 to Labview 7.1 or later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallo

I downloded the labview driver for the Pic micoro controller that Osolong posted. I use to communicate with a pic 18F4550 DAQ. As far as I can see the communication works fine. The only problem is that I don’t know how I can set a digital output, read a digital input, reed a analog input or write a analog output. I’m sure that is in the C-code that I have with this daq but I don’t understand the code. I'm a beginner with labview, never used USB and I never used C code. So is there someone who can help me how to communicate with my digital and analog I/0

roy

Hell Everybody,
I am still doing expirements about usb interface with pic18f4550
first using visuall basic and it works successfuly.
but currently i am using labview and it works fine for one device
but if i connect to devices with the id's
vid_1234&pid_0001 for first pic18f4550 and
vid_1234&pid_0002 for the second pic18f4550

and i designed the labview program to send a number to the first chip and the chip output the number to portb and you can do it with second chip

the problem that they do not give output from portb both only the first device works or the second works and the first does not, despite i define them in the information file and i can see both devices in the device manager.
ofcourse I used the dll file mpusbapi.dll and the driver mchpusb to acomplish the job.
I can control both devices using vb but it cant be done with labview, why?

Hi anybody could help me how to interface simple adder block of labview with PIC microcontroller??

Re: labview microchip

Hi Osolong,you made my day! Your work helped me a lot!

Now,I am facing a problem.I want to send a data in an array stored in PIC4550 through USB to LabVIEW and plot that data array on a waveform chart.

But thing is the data sent is not getting plotted sequentially(as stored in PIC),LabVIEW plots it quite randomly.

What could be the problem?

Hello!
I hope you guys can help me!
I need a usb acquisition device to use with LABVIEW, i intend to use a pic 18f4550 but I have no idea how to do it.
I have a good knowledge in electronics and LABVIEW but I don`t know almost anything about pics.
Can any of you help me? I`m really needing this!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.