Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing of IR Sensors with PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapil2910

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir,
I want to connect my Infrared door sensors of Building with my PC so that i can keep the record as datasheet of no. of persons going inside and outside. Please help me that how to do and what to use for Interfacing????

Hi there,
This can be performed in several ways depending on your budget and specifications.
But first why are you intending to do it using pc?

1) you can send the info using any port of the pc, then you need to write a program that can interpret the data (not recommended unless you are good both in electronics and software)

2)use already available data aquisition boards with programs which makes your life easiesr.
Labview is a recomended choice since it is easy, rich graphical interface and software is written graphically and not code.
For sure you will find other options as well.

3)It can also be prformed using microcontroller.

The options are plenty. It depends on your criteria.
regards

Consider stand alone variant of device without presence of PC.

Device can have EEPROM to store data Date-Time-Counted_In-Counted_Out.

When you want to see or collect data from device, connect PC to device and read data from EEPROM, and thats it. Later you can analyze data in MS Excel with graphs....

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back