Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing my melody cicuit with microcontroller ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammuvinu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
i have uploaded an image in which i have constructed a melody cicuit which is working well.
iam able to create all the 7 basic tones and also hear it through the speaker .

now my major doubt is , is it POSSIBLE TO INTERFACE THIS CIRCUIT WITH A MICROCONTROLLER AND SAVE MY INPUT AND PLAY WHEN EVER I NEED IT .

or else which circuit will help me to input my own melody through a keyboard and save it and play it
later

if my above circuit will not work or if its useless to store melody please help me with a circuit which will help me to input my own melody(to input music codes in RTTL format) and save it in microcontroller and play it

:D[/u]

ammuvinu said:
...now my major doubt is , is it POSSIBLE TO INTERFACE THIS CIRCUIT WITH A MICROCONTROLLER AND SAVE MY INPUT AND PLAY WHEN EVER I NEED IT..
Say it so, such interfacing is possible, but its no helpend for you...
If you will change the switches with the capacitors: you can these control over a port/output trasistors of your uC, details are depend of concret uC..
ammuvinu said:
...if its useless to store melody please help me with a circuit which will help me to input my own melody(to input music codes in RTTL format) and save it in microcontroller and play it [/b][/u]
:D[/u]
Remember pls, it hasnt such memory, you can not storage the settings from it, you can only control it as a output device!
I dont understand why dont you pls search for some dedicated "melody generators/ICs" on the web!?
you will/can find lot of them & their are (relative) perfect sound generators/effect sources.
Lot of games has that inside or such "music cards" too, you can select special versions too, their are designed to work with a UC, as your application it wishes:)
Pls read such home made electronic sides_it exists very much & with circuits & good ideas too , not to last are magazines to find; such are on-line too!...
Some: Elector/Elrad/ELV/ www.circuitcellar.com(search for archive..), or you can simple in google/yahoo search for "melody generator circuit w. microcontroller interfacing etc..)
K.

ammuvinu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ammuvinu said:
hi all
is it POSSIBLE TO INTERFACE THIS CIRCUIT WITH A MICROCONTROLLER AND SAVE MY INPUT AND PLAY WHEN EVER I NEED IT .

Yes indeed. Google "Roman Black 1 bit sound" Exactly what you need. Also make sure to look about 1/3 down the page and check out the TalkBotBrain project.

Status
Not open for further replies.