Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing MBED Microcontroller With MAeastro 20 GSM Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack_bauer

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

May i say its nice to be on this forum. I have a challenge on my hand now; am doing a project that involves me displaying the communications processes between the MS and the BTS during (1) MS powering up (2) Voice call (3) Sending text messages. I am using Maestro 20 GSM modem and i have been able to operate it (send text, make voice call) using AT commands via hyperterminal. My challenge now is how to code and integrate a NXP LPC 1768 MBED microcontroller with the GSM modem with the aim of displaying the communicating protocols/signals between the MS and BTS on the MBED screen or a larger screen.

I hope i have been explicit enough and i will appreciate greatly a pointer in the direction to go.

Thanks all

you will find a lot of codes around the forum and the internet for that

but I think it will be mostly for PIC

you can adapt the C code to any other C compiler or Use PIC !!

Hi flashking. Like i said in my earlier post, i was able to get the GSM modem working well with Hyperterminal using AT commands. Presently , i have been able to create a virtual serial port for the LPC 1768 MBED that i am using (since it connects via USB) by installing serialPC driver and it works better with TeraTerm. My challenge now is how to send AT commands to the modem through the MBED and also get the normal modem response from the modem unto my MBED. If anyone has an idea of how i can pull this through, i will much appreciate your contribution. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back