Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing hardware to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

..Lizard

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need some basic idea from software developer expert about interfacing hardware with a PC.

(My interest is for hobbystic purpouse and cultural improvement)

Suppose I have a microprocessor board with serial port; I want to interface a PC running Windows OS to this board. A classic situation, you know...
Sometimes ago I made this kind of things using Visual Basic but I'm not a software expert.

Now I'm studiyng C language and I'm curious to know if there is some possibility to have the same results using C; I mean to have some C libraries that allow the C programmer to create someting like forms, listbox, button and so on based on C language.

Thanks to all you that will answer.

go with Borland C++ Builder. Very simple to learn and program. it is component based. just drag and drop built in components and link with each other.
sometimes you dont need to write one line of code . also you can find lost of components in www for free.

basically, in windows based OS, you can use the MSCOMM32.ocx component to do the stuff you need, you can use C++ or visual basic from within MSVC++ for that. It's much more easier than the "bare metal" C programming Comm API.

U Have To Visit:
h**p://www.lvr.com

/ Warning

Stop spamming. Read topic before posting! This link is already posted earlier in this topic!

- ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back