Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing graphical LCD with LPC2138 MICRO CONTROLLER

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishekdixit

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i want to interface graphical LCD with LPC2138 micro controller. but i don't know how to do this. so can anybody help me to give any datasheet of any graphical LCD so that i can read this and make the program.

thanks

Hello!

I guess nobody can help you if you don't tell us which LCD, which driver, etc...
I've written drivers for, maybe, 20 types of LCDs. The most difficult part is to get
the first pixel on the screen. When you can write something, even if it looks like
trashy data, you can be proud of yourself, 90% of the job is done.
Usually the maker provides sample code for initialization. From there, it's quite
easy to get a working driver.
As for data sheets, you can find many on the net.

Dora.

hello dora,
i want to interface nokia 6600 graphical lcd with my controller. can you now help me for providing me some pdf or link. fromwhere i can read about the interfacing of this LCD.

thanks.

Hello!

I have never used the Nokia 6600. I used a small device called 3100 or 3300 many years ago.
It was a 84 x 48 pixels black & white LCD.
I suppose you can find sample code on the net for this LCD. Or you can try to ask for support
to the person who sold you the LCD. Usually they cooperate.
If you don't find any code, you can try to find out what driver chip is used in this LCD.
Anyway if you want to do a clean driver, you will need this information and the driver chip
manual. Usually the driver chip manual contains information about how to initialize the LCD.
Flow chart or pseudo code.

Have fun!

Dora.

Status
Not open for further replies.