Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing GPS EM-406a to microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bro Noel

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I'm doing a GPS/GSM Vehicle Tracking System for my final year project. I had decided to use EM-406A Gps module to obtain my coordinates by interfacing it to a microcontroller but I'm having problems understanding how I can actually tackle this and hoping to get some help from you guys or if you could suggest a similar module that I can use.

Thanks

Noel

interface module and microcontroller with serial communication and test it on simulation software

Reactions: galuda

galuda

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
do you have an I idea which simulation software, i was planning to use the one from MATLAB

Sir,

You can use PC hyper terminal/ PLC(Hardware simulation) .For software simulation PIC simulator ide

before simulating try to take the serial data from ur module on hyperterminal.. and then interface ur controller with the module. there is a particular format (NMEA standard) in which GPS modules send data.. see if you can interpret that data from hyperterminal.. for reference check this

Status
Not open for further replies.