Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

INTERFACING CAN CONTROLLER MCP2515

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesfal

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai , evry one....i'm new to CAN protocol..here i'm seeking help with any sample codes to interface a PIC microcontroller(18f452) with can controller MCP2515....thanking you....

I'm dng project on ultrasonic based range finding system using PIC controller(18f4480). This needs lot of stuff to do. first CAN controller (MCP2510/15) based details which is inbuilt in that. Registers we needs to go through like how to initialize the CAN, to set baud rate, modes(config, self-test, loop), read the status of CAN, try to make functions like transmitting and receiving. You needs to refer Tx and Rx buffers and acceptance filters and masking.

CAN is 18-pin which is having Tx and Rx pins, from this we needs to interface with CAN transceiver MCP2551. This chip produce the data on CAN_H and CAN_L pins which produce recessive and dominant states. So, from this we can get the data and transmit to salve devices like LCD.

look on this site.

https://www.esacademy.com/faq/progs/can.htm

let me know if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.