Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing acccelerometer sensor with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedabutahir8

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am not familiar with accelerometer sensor so i need c coding for my final year project so please post me a code which can display three axis in the lcd using 8951
thanks in advance

I haven't done accelerometer project. I guess it gives 3 o/ps like x, y, z. I think it has to be interfaced to ADC and not 8051. ADC has to be interfaced to 8051. You need ADC0809 as your sensor has 3 outputs.

yes i know it but i need the coding for the project in c because my project is to sense my hand gesture using accelerometer sensor and transmit it with zigbee and also i want to control a robotic armthrough it i think u got the point

The appropriate code for interfacing an accelerometer depends largely on the specific device.

You must specify the specific model of the accelerometer you intend on utilizing, before any meaningful advice or code examples can be offered.

Accelerometers typically fall into two categories of interfaces analog or digital.

Also as there are numerous 8051 variants, you will need to specify which particular of model/manufacturer you intend on utilizing in your design.

BigDog

instead of using adc and ic 8051 you can use atmega32 which has good resolution of converting analog to digital.Go to site named newbiehack .....there is tutorial which could help you. by the way my project is same as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.