Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing 8051 with gsm modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassan ali

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,sorry for my English
i want to interface gsm modem with 8051 using serial communication , but first i want to know if (GPRS/GSM-Modem
SINAUT MD720-3) must connect first to rs232 circuit or it has already inside it a rs232 circuit because on websites i read that not all modems needs to rs232 circuit and , please help me to know how to connect it to 8051 and send the at commands through 8051.

SINAUT MD720-3 is an industrial GSM/GPRS modem. It's exposing a 9-Pin Sub_D RS232 interface, so you'll need a TTL-to-RS232 level converter, e.g. MAX232 to connect the processor UART pins to the modem.

SINAUT MD720-3 is rather expensive compared to embedded GPRS modules, e.g. from SIMCOM, why you are using it?

first, thank u very much for ur answer
second i using it because , it's only the available modem in my faculty lab..

u can find it by measuring the voltage on pin 2 of DB9
if it is posetive, you dont need converter
if it is negative, you need converter

Status
Not open for further replies.