Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing 8051 to pc with user interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jude Akums

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interfacing dot matrix with 8051

Hi everybody, am new to this forum. I have been searching for a solution to my interface problems. I built a dotmatrix display which is running very well. I also have been able to interface an lcd to my pc and it is running very well, too, but i need a user friendly software to interface to my pc in such a way that once a text is typed in my pc, it would start to display them continuously.

I will appreciate help.

www.electronicsforu.com

which type of PC interfacing you are using
is it COM port, Parallel port or USB.....:?:

interface 8051 with pc

What type of interface do you want??
Is it parallel port,serial port or usb??

interfacing microcontroller with pc

you can see Every day practical (NOV 2006) magazine there is a ready made VB project. which you exactly need ,you can later modify it according to your needs.

how to interface microcontroller with pc

if you want to see typed character in PC, its the job of the microcontroller to transmit that character continuously to pc.

interfacing of 8051 with pc serial port

Not sure how the 8051 fits into this. Or did you mean that you have an LCD connected to the chip, and that you are communicating serially from the PC. If this is the case, it is a matter of modifying the driver you are using in the 8051, and monitoring the serial port. I assume you are trying to make a simple moving message display?.

A word of warning however, due to slow response of character LCDs, it is very difficult to get smooth scrolling. Doing it on a character by character basis generally looks pretty dire.

parallel interfacing with 8051

Thank you all for your concern. I have actually developed a software with vb that can help me display information from pc to interface dotmatrix display. But, my problem now is that I want to know if there is a way of constantly displaying characters typed in pc to a dotmatrix display using vb. I used a certain character to indicate to the microcontroller that message has finished. the idea is to let the controller to constantly display the message it received from the pc, after storing the same message in its memory. I want a better way of doing that because the message to be sent may accidentally contain the "certain character" used to let the controller know the end of a message.

Help.

da514 software

Did you consider using a commercial moving message display with a serial port. seems like it will do everything that you need. I use them myself from time to time. I use DA514 type, very easy to drive in software. Unless you want to do it all as a design excersise of course.

a simple text user interface microcontroller

I am not sure to help you. I translate for C to assembly 8051. I used AT89C5131 chip. You canget it in the website:**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back