Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interface bulb with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

humpty

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anybody tell me how to interface bulb with microcontroller? 8051 give only 5V dc at its output so how i can on bulb with this?

You can do this quite easily with a relay. Select an output pin on your micro. Connect this to the base terminal of a suitable transistor, and make the relay coil the load for the transistor. The bulb can be controlled via the relay contacts.

Alternately you can use an opto-coupler between the micro and the relay.

ok i have searched on net. There are many types of relays can you please tell me which kind of relay should i use? Please send me some detail of it as i have not use relays before and are they easily available?

Added after 33 minutes:

thank you for giving me the basic idea. Through search i found an interface circuit of relay with 8051 this will help others.

https://www.dnatechindia.com/index.php/Tutorials/8051-Tutorial/Relay-Interfacing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back