Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interconnect parasitics estimation

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog2003

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interconnect parasitics

Hi all,

I am designing a CMOS inverter, for which i need to estimate the interconnect parasitics prior to the layout-phase so i can estimate the delay. But, I was wondering how I could determine the dimensions of the interconnect in the design phase itself.

Thanks for your help in advance.

analog2003 said:
I am designing a CMOS inverter, for which i need to estimate the interconnect parasitics prior to the layout-phase so i can accurately estimate the delay. But, I was wondering how I could determine the dimensions of the interconnect in the design phase itself.
accurately estimate is a wooden iron (Sideroxylon or oxymoron), s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wooden_iron, and it needs a jolly nice job to achieve this! Guess you're the only one to want this done?!

No :D now: For a rough estimation, just double the input and output capacitances (or use dummy inverters at both the input and output). For a more accurate calculation, you'd have to draw the inverter and its route connections, measure their geometrical values and calculate their parasitic capacitances using the physical capacitance values (area & perimeter dependent) of the used wire layer(s) published in your PDK doc - or - much easier and more accurate: use the dedicated extract tool ;-)

Thanks, for pointing out that one. 'estimation' by itself means rough calculation, so I guess 'accurate estimation' should make no sense!
Also, thanks for the ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back