Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Intercept lcd module data

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, schematic only for example. The real one is i want to intercept data from lcd on different microcontroller (machnine lcd module). I have counting machine, i want to intercept data from lcd on the machine. Then send result to computer.

Hey..
First thing always write (what you really want to do things here).. there is no point in hiding information what you really want to do..
Ok Now i assume you want to get data from counting machine i.e. data = no.??
1. if i want to do this - then first thing i would try to do is to get output directly from sensor(output from counting machine sensor not from the counting machine microcontroller) and put that output into my own microcontroller.. try this
2. if you dont want to go with first option then you should know few things :
a. If Lcd is working in 4 bit mode or 8 bit mode,
b. You cant get output directly by just intercepting data lines, the two thing you should know about lcd is : it works only if we send command and then data to lcd. Though all data or command are sent to lcd via D0-D7 lines, proper use of en, rs and wr pins will tell lcd is it command or data(counting no.).
c. now as you know you only need data part i.e. counting number, you can filter away the unnecessary part (command part)
d. interface all pins of lcd with microcontroller and make a program such that it will filter the command part.. For this First you should do some programming with lcd only, when you get know enough about how you can send data(initialize lcd and display characters on it), then go for this interception part. p.s - Try to do interfacing with lcd in real world not in simulator you will gain alot.
it will take some time but eventually you will learn something.. :wink:

Good Luck :twisted:

An LCD line sniffer! Here's something I hear for the first time in my life!

tushki7 said:
you can filter away the unnecessary part (command part)
If I may add something on this, it is the RS signal that makes the difference. When the EN pin goes from high to low so that data pins will pass their information to the lcd controller, if RS=1 then we are talking about lcd data. If RS=0 during this transition, then as tushki7 pointed out this is unnesessary part for you (lcd command) and you can ignore it.

Reactions: tushki7

tushki7

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Somebody else in my country able to create "LCD Line Sniffer". He has already demonstrated his product. Yes it works, but the product price is so expensive. So i try to create the sniffer by my self.

Can you help me???

Somebody else in my country able to create "LCD Line Sniffer". He has already demonstrated his product. Yes it works, but the product price is so expensive. So i try to create the sniffer by my self.

Can you help me???

Hey dude, what you are upto?? :twisted:
Do you know how to program a lcd?? (Try to be more clear Help us and we will help you..)

we can help you by providing the circuitry or by posting the code. You got the circuit, you made it and put microcontroller in that, burn the code And whooooshhhhh everything start working exactly the way you want it to be.., it is not like that you need to do some Hard work..
First you need to do is to program a microcontroller and interface a lcd with it.. Try to display something on it.. :roll:

And The mystery part is already revealved by alexxx!!! :razz:

Good Luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.