Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interafcing 89s8252 with enc28j60 ethernet controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yviswanathbe

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89s8252 ethernet controller

Hi,
i am starting a project Interafcing 8928252 with enc28j60 ethernet controller using SPI.
can anybody tell me Do we need to implement tcp/ip stack for the above ethernet interface?
i hope the ethernet controller consists of inbuild functions and we need to make use of those functions?

please give me some suggesions and any links r articles regarding this?

Thanks,
viswanath

89s8252 tcp/ip

I think you will be needing TCP/IP stack
which compiler you will be using if the compiler contains ethernet library then that means its stack is built in otherwise you need to use tcp/ip stack
hope it can help u
sohail

74hc125 -datasheet spi

best way to learn:
data sheet

Added after 5 minutes:

since it is stand alone Ethernet controller....so i think it has built in TCP/IP stack. you just need to control registers through SPI.

enc28j60 library

Good luck, you're going to have to write a TCP/IP stack for your micro. Not a trivial task it's going to be difficult for sure.
Much easier to use a PIC18F4620 (64K byte FLASH) and the stack is free from Microchip.
PS the ENC28J60 is a 3.3V IC, you're going to need a 74HC125 to act as a level converter if your processor is 5V

enc28j60 ethernet controller

y we use enc28j60 ?? even when we have to write tcp/ip stack by ourself?

89s8252

tension885 said:
y we use enc28j60 ?? even when we have to write tcp/ip stack by ourself?

Yep. The ENC28J60 does much of the work but not all, think of it as a Ethernet coprocessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.