interafcing 89s8252 with enc28j60 ethernet controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yviswanathbe

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89s8252 ethernet controller

Hi,
i am starting a project Interafcing 8928252 with enc28j60 ethernet controller using SPI.
can anybody tell me Do we need to implement tcp/ip stack for the above ethernet interface?
i hope the ethernet controller consists of inbuild functions and we need to make use of those functions?

please give me some suggesions and any links r articles regarding this?

Thanks,
viswanath

89s8252 tcp/ip

I think you will be needing TCP/IP stack
which compiler you will be using if the compiler contains ethernet library then that means its stack is built in otherwise you need to use tcp/ip stack
hope it can help u
sohail

74hc125 -datasheet spi

best way to learn:
data sheet

Added after 5 minutes:

since it is stand alone Ethernet controller....so i think it has built in TCP/IP stack. you just need to control registers through SPI.

enc28j60 library

Good luck, you're going to have to write a TCP/IP stack for your micro. Not a trivial task it's going to be difficult for sure.
Much easier to use a PIC18F4620 (64K byte FLASH) and the stack is free from Microchip.
PS the ENC28J60 is a 3.3V IC, you're going to need a 74HC125 to act as a level converter if your processor is 5V

enc28j60 ethernet controller

y we use enc28j60 ?? even when we have to write tcp/ip stack by ourself?

89s8252

tension885 said:
y we use enc28j60 ?? even when we have to write tcp/ip stack by ourself?

Yep. The ENC28J60 does much of the work but not all, think of it as a Ethernet coprocessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.