Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interactive Diff-Pair Length Tuning - Altium Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need your help in length tuning a group of nets!
Design is a DDR2 board, I am trying to tune each DQS group. Each group contain an 8-bit single ended data lines and a differential pair. Interactive routing and length tuning of single ended section is fine, but the diff pair fails. I used following rule in the "Matched Net Length" section:
InNet('DDR2_D0') OR InNet('DDR2_D1') OR InNet('DDR2_D2') OR InNet('DDR2_D3') OR InNet('DDR2_D4') OR InNet('DDR2_D5') OR InNet('DDR2_D6') OR InNet('DDR2_D7') OR InNet('DDR2_DM0')OR (IsDifferentialPair And (Name = 'DDR2_DQS0'))

Problem is that selecting "Diff pair Interactive Length Tune" from Tools menu and clicking the diff pair, software is unable to calculate the target length for diff pairs.
- Do you have any idea where is the problem?
- Is the rule definition correct?
- Do I need to define a separate rule for diff pair? If so, how to tell the new group to use 'DDR2_D*' target length as a target for diff pair too?

The diff. net pair must be named with net label suffixes of _N and _P.
Look for the AP0135 PDF in your Altium help folder.

Defining _P and _N leads to a diff. pair class, and last statement "(IsDifferentialPair And (Name = 'DDR2_DQS0'))", cover both lines.

Any other suggestion?

Design is a DDR2 board, I am trying to tune each DQS group. Each group contain an 8-bit single ended data lines and a differential pair. Interactive routing and length tuning of single ended section is fine, but the diff pair fails. I used following rule in the "Matched Net Length" section:
InNet('DDR2_D0') OR InNet('DDR2_D1') OR InNet('DDR2_D2') OR InNet('DDR2_D3') OR InNet('DDR2_D4') OR InNet('DDR2_D5') OR InNet('DDR2_D6') OR InNet('DDR2_D7') OR InNet('DDR2_DM0')OR (IsDifferentialPair And (Name = 'DDR2_DQS0'))

Problem is that selecting "Diff pair Interactive Length Tune" from Tools menu and clicking the diff pair, software is unable to calculate the target length for diff pairs.
- Do you have any idea where is the problem?
- Is the rule definition correct?
- Do I need to define a separate rule for diff pair? If so, how to tell the new group to use 'DDR2_D*' target length as a target for diff pair too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back