Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intel PXA250 Xcale Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjendon74

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just wondering if anyone might have design experience with the Intel PXA250 processor. I need help with seeing if Compact Flash-to-IDE interface can be done using the PXA250. Please let me know if anyone has any information regarding this topic.

Thanks.

The interface is very straight forward. PXA250 provides the interface for it. Read this Appnote ..

If still have issues, let me know.

Thanks for the appnote. I'll look over it and let you know if I have any questions.

Well, I looked over the app note and it explains how to interface the flash memory to the PXA250 processor. Now, is there a way to interface IDE devices to the PXA250 processor, possibly through the compact flash interface? Could IDE devices (as stand-alone) interface with the PXA processor or would I need an IDE controller of some sort? Just wondering what would be easier: PXA250 ---> Compact Flash ---> IDE or
PXA250 ---> IDE ---> Compact Flash. I'm researching the documentation for the PXA250 processor right now to see what would be feasible.
Thanks for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.