Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

intefacing an LCD with pic16f877

Status
Not open for further replies.

sang

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i would just want to ask, how to initially power up and interface an LCD. i bought a 2x16 LCD, but i don't know what to do with it.. thank you

Here is 2x16 lcd interfacing with AVR. Use the same logic for PIC
**broken link removed**

Bibin john
www.bibinjohn.tk

Down load Pic_Sim_Ide from Oshonsoft. This includes a basic compiler that has all the functions for interfacing a LCD module. When your program is compiled it generates an assembly language listing and you can see what was done. The PSI will compile up to a 2k word as downloaded but for 29 euro there is no limit.

If you wish to make life easy, load a 16F877A with a bootloader and download your code as you write. The bootloader is on the Oshonsoft site but you will need to spend the 29euros to compile it. It is well worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.