Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Installation of MPLAB 5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

swapan

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I am facing a problem in installation of MPLAB 5.7. The same has been downloaded which is in zip format. When I try to install it unzipping the file, a file is extracted as MP57full.EXE. When I run the file an installation warning is shown as "the install program was unable to detect an installed parallel port. The MPLAB ICE environment will not be available ........... if you do not use MPLAB ICE, go back and de-select that item from the installation". I do not understand how and where to go back for de-selection of MPLAB ICE. Incidentally it is mentioned that I do not use MPLAB ICE and operating software of my system is Windows XP. However, the same program installs on another computer having Windows7 operating software where 'Selecting componente in MPLAB' option is shown. But in case of computers with Windows XP O/S, the option is not shown. If I proceed further ignoring the warning, computer gets locked. I seek help from experts.

regards

swapan

When installing, do you not get the question, 'Full install or Custom Install' ?
If you choose custom, you can select the options.

Why install such an old version of MPLAB?
Current version is 8.83.

Status
Not open for further replies.