Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inserting s parameters to ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorsa

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to find a transistor and insert it to ADS, But I don't know how. Could anyone please help me!
The transistor I am looking for right now is: sp_hp_AT-41435_1_19921201.
I don't even know how to look in ADS library for a transistor.
Any help would be totally appreciated.

Depends which version of ADS you are using:

ADS 2009U1 or earlier - Use menu command Insert > Component > Component Library or the Display Component Library List button on the toolbar and then navigate to S Parameter Library (No Layout) > Agilent Technologies II (No Layout) and there you will find the transistor you are after.

In ADS 2011.01 or later - You will need to enable:

S-Parameter Transistor Library

Then you can find the part under Read-Only Libraries > S_Parameter > Agilent Technologies II (No Layout) in the Component Browser as above.

Reactions: dorsa

dorsa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks a million RealAEL,
I finally could find the transistors in ADS :grin:
But I'm still not able to insert a model from a site into ADS, could you please help me with that?
I am really sorry.

That depends on the model. What type of device is it, BJT, FET, Diode etc. and in what format the model data is provided?

dorsa

Right now I am looking for a transistor FHX76LP. It's a FET I guess!

There are many different model varieties of FET devices. What model data have you found for this device?

I haven't found anything. I don't know how to look for it!

It could be you can find s-parameters of your transistor in internet. However you can also find them in the data-sheet https://www.sedi.co.jp/pdf/FHX76LP_ED1-2.pdf, page 4.
Select the table from the first line (that begins with frequency 1000) to the last line ending with angle of 146.1. Now copy with ctrl C. Then open Excel and paste with ctrl V.
In Excel select the first column then in the menu press data-->text to column... in the box choose "delimited" and then separator "space".
Now you will have the S-parameter divided into 9 columns. Insert a new row at the beginning with the text:

# MHZ S MA R 50

that is the string in the touchstone format that says: frequency in MHz, S-parameter, Magnitue and Angle type, Reference 50 ohm.

If you want you can insert one or more lines with comments: they have to start with !.

Now save as text tab delimited. Change now the file extension from .txt to .s2p

I did the work for you, just change the extension.

Now, in ADS select in the component palette "data items' and move "2-port S-parameter file" into your drawing, the brows the s2p file.

This allows you to perform the linear simulation under the conditions the s-parameters have been taken (i.e. 2V, 10 mA).

Attachments

• FHX76L.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 97

dorsa

Thanks a million albbg,
It was totally helpful.
Thank you very much!

One more question, I want to use this transistor to design a low noise amplifier. How can I import the noise information?

Thank you Dear RealAEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back