Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inquire about the XL4005 circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnwarB

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I assembled the XL4005E1 circuit
I want to reduce the voltage from 12 volt battery to 6 volt to run a 1 amp fan motor
But the voltage does not stabilize when the fan is turned on
Note that the diode used in MUR860 circuit, It warms up
What is the reason for the voltage instability?

Hi,

We know your circuit uses MUR860 and XL4005...
we know nothing else. Not the schematic, not the other component values, not the other component parameters, nothing about heatsink, nothing about PCB layout...

Klaus

the whole thing is very cheap and not designed to run at full power - they are mass produced and not necessarily tested before shipping - ergo, yours may well be faulty too ...
--- Updated ---

also your battery voltage may be dropping .... (?)

Sorry
Circuit in datasheet XL4005
Diode mur860 used it instead of 1N5824

Hi,

No link to a datasheet..
There are several schematics in the datasheet I found... I don't know which one you are talking about
I can't find 1N5824 in the whole datasheet.

I'm out

Klaus

Still lack of information. "I assembled the circuit" doesn't clarify if you are using a kit or made your own PCB. Respectively any part can be faulty or wrongly dimensioned.

This is the scheme

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200913-100017_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20200913-100017_1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 118

Status
Not open for further replies.