Not open for further replies.

Engineer4ever

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am trying to draw the input/output characteristics of the PFD on Cadence to check the dead zone. I tried to find a way to simulate the dead zone but I failed. Would anyone help, please?

Thanks in advance,

PFD has a transfer function being as Current/Phase Difference.Apply two square wave signal generator with same frequency and with same duty cycle, do a transient simulation.Fix one of them and change the phase of the second one from -PI to PI by small phase differences-for instance 1 degree- and observe current output and draw this transfer function in Cadence.You will see deadzone.

First of all, thanks for your reply

Does your answer mean that I will memorize the change in the PFD o/p versus every phase difference and tabulate the results then draw them on Excel for example? I thought about that but I think there might be a way to draw the PFD cs/s directly on cadence, using sweeping on the phase difference, but I still don't know how to draw it versus the o/p.

If that's not what you mean, would you please explain a little more?

If you draw "Current versus Sweeping Variable" , the deadzone will be visible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…