Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input offset voltage for the two stage opamp design

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehwang

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

This is an two-stage opamp with miller compasation cap and Vdd=1.8v, Vss=0v.

I am measureing the input referred offset voltage (Vos) for this op-amp.
I bias DC=0.9v for both Vin+ and Vin- and AC=1 for the Vin+. Then, when Vin=0.9v, the Vout=0.912v, where both vout and vin are in the transition region(linear region) as shown in the attachment. So, the Vos=0.012v~~is it correct?

joehwang said:
Hi,

This is an two-stage opamp with miller compasation cap and Vdd=1.8v, Vss=0v.

I am measureing the input referred offset voltage (Vos) for this op-amp.
I bias DC=0.9v for both Vin+ and Vin- and AC=1 for the Vin+. Then, when Vin=0.9v, the Vout=0.912v, where both vout and vin are in the transition region(linear region) as shown in the attachment. So, the Vos=0.012v~~is it correct?

in fact 0.012V is the output offset voltage,and the input offset voltage=0.012/Av;
my method is add a DC voltage source between Vin+ and Vin- ,and you can change the dc voltage until the output voltage of opamp is 0.9v,then the voltage is input offset voltage .:D

joehwang

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks! zhaoqin~

So, with your method, if I change the Vin until Vout=0.9v when Vin=0.91v, Vos=0.01v. Is it correct?

So, similarly, if the Vdd is 5V and Vss=-5, with your method, I need to change the Vin until the Vo=0v, then if the Vin=0.12mv, Vos=0.12mV. Is it correct?

Conclusion: Vo=0 is not necessary in everycase when defining the Vos(input). It depends on the Vdd and Vss. Is it correct?

Thank you so much!

joehwang said:
Thanks! zhaoqin~

So, with your method, if I change the Vin until Vout=0.9v when Vin=0.91v, Vos=0.01v. Is it correct?

So, similarly, if the Vdd is 5V and Vss=-5, with your method, I need to change the Vin until the Vo=0v, then if the Vin=0.12mv, Vos=0.12mV. Is it correct?

Conclusion: Vo=0 is not necessary in everycase when defining the Vos(input). It depends on the Vdd and Vss. Is it correct?

Thank you so much!

1.right
2.right
3.right
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.