Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input impedance problems in LNA design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kella

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends

I am trying to design LNA but I got some problems there. I have attached the schematic and simulations. Can some one tell me whats the problem with input impedance? how can i improve the input impedance?

thanks

/k

[HELP] LNA Design

is my question very hard to answer or my english is very poor to understand?

Friends plz help me.

/k

Re: [HELP] LNA Design

Hi,

You use in your design cascode configuration with resistive feedback. In this case input impedance is equal to (Rl+Rf)/(1+gm*Rl), where Rl and Rf are the load impedance and feedback resistor respectively. Moreover input impedance can be estimated as Rf/Gain. In simulation you got gain ~ 3 (=10dB). So input impedance is 560/3 ~ 180Ohm. By tuning Rf you can set proper Zin. But please keep in mind that decreasing Rf results in higher NF.

Rgds
Victor

Re: [HELP] LNA Design

sanim said:
Hi,

You use in your design cascode configuration with resistive feedback. In this case input impedance is equal to (Rl+Rf)/(1+gm*Rl), where Rl and Rf are the load impedance and feedback resistor respectively. Moreover input impedance can be estimated as Rf/Gain. In simulation you got gain ~ 3 (=10dB). So input impedance is 560/3 ~ 180Ohm. By tuning Rf you can set proper Zin. But please keep in mind that decreasing Rf results in higher NF.

Rgds
Victor

Hello

thanks victor for the reply. Yeah if I decrease the Rf then i will have to face the higher noise figure problem. So is there any other solution to this?

regards

/K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back